Phone cases are an excellent way to protect or add style and customization to your iPhone 6s. There are various options available when choosing a case for your phone. This article narrows down which aspects are most important. I list my recommended iPhone 6s cases below to help find the best case for your phone.
Choosing a case for the iPhone 6s may seem easy until you see the selection of all of the varieties of materials and styles. The main option to decide is whether you want a case for style or protection for your iPhone 6s. After you know what you want a case for, it's easier to decide which case material and type is best for your needs.
Style vs. Protecting Your iPhone 6s
The most common reason for putting a case on your iPhone 6s is to protect it. However, perhaps you also want to add some style to your device. Some phones are so slippery that a phone case is needed to hold them securely in your hands without dropping them. To fully protect your iPhone 6s, it's best not to get a cheap case since they aren't usually made with the best materials or thickness to protect your phone. If you only want to add some style, then the materials might not matter as much, but you also don't want it to limit functionality.
Which Materials Are Best at Protecting the iPhone 6s?
Hard plastic cases or other cases made with hard material usually don't protect a phone from falls but can protect against scratches. The downside to hard plastic cases is that they don't absorb much of the damaging energy of an impact which can still cause damage to your iPhone 6s. If it's clear hard plastic, like ones that show the phone's design while covered, they tend to gather dust and debris between the phone and the plastic.
Flexible TPU (flexible rubber-like plastic) cases or other cases made of softer material can absorb much more impact since the rubber can compress. The downside to softer cases is that they may compress too much from a higher impact. Having thicker bumpers on the corners of a case can offset more of that compression, though.
If you want the best overall protection, go for a case made with hard plastic on the outside and TPU on the inside, but TPU alone is usually good enough for most situations.
Other iPhone 6s Case Features to Look For
The texture of a case for the iPhone 6s can sometimes determine if it'll be easier to hold in your hand securely. For example, if the case has ridges on the edges, it can help grip the phone securely rather than a smooth, slippery texture. Usually, solid plastic cases have more slippery backs that can slide more in dry hands.
iPhone 6s cases can add additional benefits besides just protecting your device. Some cases can charge your phone while attached. Other cases with a folio design add some front protection when not in use. Wallet cases are also great for storing your credit cards.
Some phone cases, although less common, have a lanyard to help prevent accidental drops, and other cases can cover the charging port to keep out dirt, dust, and lint. These features aren't necessarily needed, but every kind of protection helps.
Waterproof cases are also good if you're prone to getting your phone wet. Even if a phone is waterproof, it's always good to reduce any chances since the waterproofing of phones can degrade over time.
Best Rubber-Like Case (TPU/Silicone)
- This is a silicone case with a soft microfiber lining.
- Has many color options to match your style.
Best Leather Case
- This is a slim-profile case that's shock absorbent.
- Made of PU leather on the outside and TPU on the inside
Best Clear Cases
- This case is built to be shock-absorbent.
- Made from synthetic rubber and hard plastic.
- This crystal clear case is made from TPU and hard plastic.
- The case has raised bezels for the screen and camera to protect them further.
Best Hard Cases
- This case is soft on the inside to absorb any drops, along with a hard shell with grip.
- Has port covers to block dirt, dust, and lint from getting into the charging port.
- This case is made of shock-absorbing TPU on the inside and hard plastic on the outside.
- Has a raised lip to protect the screen.
Best Wallet Cases
- This case has a hard shell cover with a flexible TPU inner layer for added protection.
- Secure and removable cardholder for up to 2 cards.
- This case is made of a mix of PU leather on the outside with soft TPU on the inside.
- Holds up to 3 cards and some cash.
Best Styled Cases
- This case has a high-impact design to protect against drops.
- High-quality printed designs with many styles to choose from.
- This case has a glitter design to make your phone stand out in a fun way.
- Made of flexible TPU.