Phone cases are an excellent way to protect or add style and customization to your iPhone 14 Plus. There are various options available when choosing a case for your phone. This article narrows down which aspects are most important. I list my recommended iPhone 14 Plus cases below to help find the best case for your phone.
Choosing a case for the iPhone 14 Plus may seem easy until you see the selection of all of the varieties of materials and styles. The main option to decide is whether you want a case for style or protection for your iPhone 14 Plus. After you know what you want a case for, it's easier to decide which case material and type is best for your needs.
Style vs. Protecting Your iPhone 14 Plus
The most common reason for putting a case on your iPhone 14 Plus is to protect it. However, perhaps you also want to add some style to your device. Some phones are so slippery that a phone case is needed to hold them securely in your hands without dropping them. To fully protect your iPhone 14 Plus, it's best not to get a cheap case since they aren't usually made with the best materials or thickness to protect your phone. If you only want to add some style, then the materials might not matter as much, but you also don't want it to limit functionality.
Which Materials Are Best at Protecting the iPhone 14 Plus?
Hard plastic cases or other cases made with hard material usually don't protect a phone from falls but can protect against scratches. The downside to hard plastic cases is that they don't absorb much of the damaging energy of an impact which can still cause damage to your iPhone 14 Plus. If it's clear hard plastic, like ones that show the phone's design while covered, they tend to gather dust and debris between the phone and the plastic.
Flexible TPU (flexible rubber-like plastic) cases or other cases made of softer material can absorb much more impact since the rubber can compress. The downside to softer cases is that they may compress too much from a higher impact. Having thicker bumpers on the corners of a case can offset more of that compression, though.
If you want the best overall protection, go for a case made with hard plastic on the outside and TPU on the inside, but TPU alone is usually good enough for most situations.
Other iPhone 14 Plus Case Features to Look For
The texture of a case for the iPhone 14 Plus can sometimes determine if it'll be easier to hold in your hand securely. For example, if the case has ridges on the edges, it can help grip the phone securely rather than a smooth, slippery texture. Usually, solid plastic cases have more slippery backs that can slide more in dry hands.
iPhone 14 Plus cases can add additional benefits besides just protecting your device. Some cases can charge your phone while attached. Other cases with a folio design add some front protection when not in use. Wallet cases are also great for storing your credit cards.
Some phone cases, although less common, have a lanyard to help prevent accidental drops, and other cases can cover the charging port to keep out dirt, dust, and lint. These features aren't necessarily needed, but every kind of protection helps.
Waterproof cases are also good if you're prone to getting your phone wet. Even if a phone is waterproof, it's always good to reduce any chances since the waterproofing of phones can degrade over time.
Other iPhone 14 Models:
Best Rubber-Like Cases (TPU/Silicone) for iPhone 14 Plus
- This is an Apple-designed silicone case that's magnetic and compatible with MagSafe.
- Has many color options to match your style.
- This case has a slim profile and an anti-slip matte surface.
- It has "Air Cushion Technology" for anti-shock protection.
Best Leather Case for iPhone 14 Plus
- This is an Apple-designed slim-fit and magnetic case that's compatible with MagSafe.
- Made of high-quality leather.
Best Clear Cases for iPhone 14 Plus
- This is an Apple-designed clear case that's compatible with MagSafe.
- It is made of clear/hard polycarbonate and flexible TPU.
- This crystal clear case is made from flexible and durable anti-slip TPU.
- Thin and lightweight design with reinforced buttons for quick responsiveness.
Best Hard Cases for iPhone 14 Plus
- This case is compatible with MagSafe and made with 1500D aramid fiber that protects against scratches and color fading while adding grip.
- Thin and form-fitting design with open button, speaker, and charging port access.
- This heavy duty case is meant for complete protection.
- It has precision cutouts and a built-in kickstand.
Best Wallet Cases for iPhone 14 Plus
- Dual-layer design with TPU on the inside and hard plastic on the outside for added protection.
- Exterior card slot holds up to two cards.
- This case is made of a mix of PU leather on the outside with soft TPU on the inside.
- Holds up to 3 cards and some cash.
- This case has a hard shell cover with a flexible TPU inner layer for added protection.
- Holds up to 3 cards and some cash.
Best Styled Cases for iPhone 14 Plus
- This case is slim and lightweight with a cute floral design. Includes screen and camera lens protectors.
- Made of flexible TPU with raised bumpers for added protection.
- This case is available in many different designs.
- It has shock and drop protection, is wireless charging compatible, and has raised bezels to protect the screen.
- This case is slim and lightweight with a cute floral design.
- Made of a mix of flexible TPU with raised bumpers for added protection and hard plastic back.